Friday, December 23, 2011

Mulled Cider


Just a quick post here courtesy of that Jamie Oliver fella. We fancied a bit of mulled cider and his recipe is quick and tastes yums. Really easy to do so here we go.

The ingredients:

2 litres good cider
6 cloves
2 star anise
¼ nutmeg, finely grated into the pan
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla pod, halved
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 2 clementines
Juice and seeds from 1 pomegranate
3 tablespoons of caster sugar, to taste

It gives about 8-10 servings depending on the size of your glass.


I forgot to add the cinnamon to the photo so do forgive me.

All you have to do is pour your cider into a large pan and let it heat through. Then pop all your ingredients in, let it get to the boil, and then turn to simmer for another 15 minutes or so. I found leaving it longer helped it to infuse the flavours more.


Once done serve warm. Sieve it or leave the bits in, its up to you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, I've always wanted to try mulled cider! Do you just chuck in the seedy bit of the pomegranate or crush the juice out first? I'd like to make this for new year's eve...

Mrs P said...

What I did was put all the seeds into a bowl and squash them in my hands to release the juice. Then I put the juice and seeds into the cider so anything left in the seeds still seeps out.
When I do it again though, I will use more than 2 litres as I lost about half a litre when it simmered. Have a great Christmas and New Year mouse! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks my dear! Happy New YEar to you too :o)

 
;